Nintendo Switch Online subscribers in the US can obtain new user icons designed after Xenoblade Chronicles 3 characters by redeeming their My Nintendo Platinum Points throughout August 2022. Users can gather the points by completing Missions in the Nintendo Switch Online app. They will then be able to use their points to purchase rewards such as user icons.
The icons will be available for a limited time. Nintendo will split the distributions into five waves on a weekly basis. The schedule for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Platinum Points Rewards is as follows:
- Wave 1 starring Noah and Mio: July 28 – August 4, 2022
- Wave 2 starring Eunie and Taion: August 4 – 11, 2022
- Wave 3 starring Lanz and Sena: August 11-18, 2022
- Wave 4 starring Chibi Mio and Chibi Eunie: August 18-25, 2022
- Wave 5 starring the Queens of Agnus and Keves: August 25 – September 1, 2022
Each wave will feature more than just the main characters mentioned above. the first wave also includes icons of several supporting characters like Riku, Valdi, and Juniper. Nintendo will end the ongoing wave every Thursday at 5:59 PM PT (8:59 ET).
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is available worldwide on Nintendo Switch. A Japanese and English dual audio option is available as part of the base game. Nintendo has also revealed a DLC Expansion Pass that will add more content like new hero characters and quests periodically until the end of 2023.